Thursday, March 20, 2014

Love Note #22: Buried in Love

Rochester,

When I left this morning, after an hour of shoveling, everything was buried. But tonight I came home to a completely clean driveway, a path to my trash can, a street where every place a car parks on the right hand side was totally down to the pavement. I wasn't the only non-snowblower owning house to look like this. Clearly you have a heart of gold. I started crying. I feel, especially lately, that there aren't that many people left who just do good things because it's the right thing to do. 

You, Rochester, are different and full of those kinds of people. I'd like to know who you are so I can give you a bottle of wine, homemade poundcake, and a hug. Thank you for making this stressful month a little less so.

Deanna

Deanna has lived in Rochester for 10 years and has recently bought a house in the Park Ave. neighborhood on Brunswick Street where the neighbors are just the most amazing people ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment